Monday, December 7, 2009

Seven Hills 2006 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

This wine comes out a bright ruby color. It features a hot perfumey nose. Definitely smells like alcohol, which is wierd, because it's only 13.7%. The first flavors I get are of almond extract, blackberries, and just a touch of vanilla and caramel. It seems rather light for a cabernet. The finish is also quick. I've had the 2005, and my memory is of that vintage being much better- fuller, a lot more concentration, more complexity, and longer finish. That's not to say this is a bad wine. Not at all. Just from a premium producer like Seven Hills, I was expecting more, and you can find much better values. But it is still a tasty little bottle. If it were 8 bucks less, I'd enjoy it much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment