Sunday, October 11, 2009

Argyle Reserve Pinot Noir 2006; Willamette Valley, OR

Ok...this wine is wicked good. I know they tout their "silky" texture, but, they are not lying! The nose is beautiful bouquet of red fruits and flowers, the color a nice, light ruby. It hits your palate with caramel, raspberry, mushrooms, strawberry, and vanilla. The finish is fantastic; sweet, long, and begs you to take another drink...and another glass...well, good thing it's $45 bucks a bottle. Otherwise I could be an alcoholic. =) Nice, fine grained tannins, supported by depth of flavor point to this may be able to withstand some aging, but then again, why? It's so good now. Mr. Soles, job very much well done. As I said in my Willamette Valley entry, this wine (the '05) was my wine epiphany, and I go back and I understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment