Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bodega Del Fin Del Mundo 2007 Pinot Noir Reserva; Patagonia, Argentina

I love this Pinot. It exhibits a beautiful crimson color, and has a distinct, Pinot Noir nose. Full of fresh strawberry and raspberry notes, this is a very fruit-driven Pinot with nice structure. I would venture a guess that this wine would age pretty well, with it's fairly noticable (but not at all unpleasant) tannins. The finish is strong on raspberries, and then transitions to nice, lingering oaky smoke. This would be an outstanding accompaniment to wood-grilled salmon. Usually retails around US$25. An outstanding effort from this producer.

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed this Pinot Noir! I've tried a few of the wines from this brand and all were good (OK, so I'm no good at coming up with the good descriptions. my reviews are: good, so-so or not again...)

    ReplyDelete