Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sagelands Red Blend 2006; Columbia Valley, WA

This economical bottle has a wonderful nose of oatmeal raisin cookies. Really. Nice Ruby color. This Bordeaux blend of 51% Cabernet, 36% Merlot and 13% Malbec is nicely structured with some noticable tannins. Cherry and almond flood the palate, with some great hints of black pepper on the back end. The finish is nice, if unspectacular. A very decent every night drinker, perfect for informal roast or spaghetti dinners.

***In full disclosure, this bottle was in my apartment during the Heat Wave of Last Week. Temperatures in Aberdeen exceeded 100 degrees, and I don't know how hot my wine closet got. So that may have tainted this bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I am informally roasting someone I will be sure and open a bottle.

    ReplyDelete